Monday, June 07, 2004

Will try

to make this epistle shorter. I know the one or two people who bother to read this are tired of my big long rambling posts full of trivia no one gives a fig about. No wonder my brothers call me "Cliff Claven".

Yesterday while the family and I ate at Napoli's, Reagan died. IMHO it was way past his time and he is freed from his brain now that was rendered mush by Alzheimer's. It's good that everyone is remembering who he really was and not that for the last 4 or 5 years of his life he didn't know he was ever president. Well he lived a good long life even though the last few of those years weren't so pleasant. What strength Nancy had to be his caretaker for so long, notwithstanding the nurses, etc. in their direct employ. I know people who are caring for loved ones without the financial resources and what strength they have to keep on keeping on. They don't have to...there are a lot of people who just give up or really just don't have the power or will or committment to do it, not that they are bad people but the ones who can do it are very special ones among us indeed. To be honest.....unless it were a child....I really don't think I am one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home