Monday, May 24, 2004

I annoyed Rosario.

I need to be a little more diplomatic. Long story. I need to be more patient.

But it's a good thing because when I analyze things more slowly, and if I pray for wisdom, then I can see where I have been offensive instead of thinking other people are always at fault, which sometimes they are, so I'm not going to be a martyr by being entirely self-deprecating either. But I need to try to be more patient with her at work because sometimes she's right and I'm wrong and I rush in to do things in a hurry (always been a fault of mine) and in the process sometimes screw things up. I get annoyed because, well, she takes her time on things (but sometimes it's a good thing). Sometimes I think I'm so right and I have a more efficient way of doing something. Sometimes I do. But sometimes I'm wrong. But let's think about this- she's trying to get by in a totally new culture and language and she's come pretty far all considered. I need to be more tolerant. There are people at work with such varied work habits- Rosario, and Azza(very serious), and Gerry (very, VERY casual), and Michi (just very hormonally charged and young and funny), Rafael (very focused) Bryan (very erudite), and then me (just plain annoying at times). But they're all dedicated and good at their jobs. But boy we have some personalities that can sometimes clash. We need to really police ourselves. Hm, sounds like EVERYPLACE ELSE I'VE EVER WORKED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home