Sunday, May 16, 2004

Nathanael fixed my bike today- put on new tires and other stuff, adjusted the seat, then Steve fixed the brakes. I never asked for this to be done, but they were wonderful and did that for me. I think Nathanael wants to send me a message about staying fit. So- now I have a great bike. Kudos to Nathanael. What great kids I have, and I don't deserve them at all.

Later we listened to one of Steve Brown's tapes (Nathanael and I). I have wanted to find a teacher whose discourse I thought Nathanael best responded to, and a long time ago Steve Brown made Nathanael laugh when no other Bible teacher we listened to did, so I have been getting Steve Brown's tapes for a long time. Sometimes I have difficulty following his point but he is warm and genuine and funny.

Tomorrow we'll go to Steve's work's new building dedication. Bob Taft will be there. They asked that I and the kids attend. Yay, looking at the forecast it looks like a nice warm forecast, not just tomorrow but the whole week. Perfect.

Steve will be making a short and powerful speech about his service in the military. The people he works with have really honored him and his service to the US. At the end he will be asking for a moment of silence for a Mr. Krause who has been KIA and also PFC Matt Maupin who remains captured.

There are definite ethical problems with one of the subsidiaries that was bought by Barr Labs (his work). Barr bought Duramed (located here, and where Steve was working when Barr bought it)- pharmaceutical company and they would have never gotten into this version of the pill- morning after pill- which ethically is OK if it stops ovulation or prevents fertilization, but when it prevents implantation, that is not good. It is bad, and in fact I'm glad it did not get approved by the FDA for OTC. I prayed it would not, and it didn't, Praise God. That's not the subsidiary that Steve's co. makes but that's no justification, Barr needs to stop making that. I feel like I profit from something evil. Now it's only available as a prescription on an emergency basis and I think that the only way it should be used is to verify at what time in the cycle the woman is. Duramed was owned by a family of Southern Baptists before Barr bought it, and one of their vows was never to get into that type of controversial and damaging medicine.

1 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger vir said...

Hey I like Steve Brown too, Jane introduced me to Key Life several years ago. Congrats to Steve, have a wonderful day tomarrow.BTW - you are right your husband and sons are great you have much to be thankful for enjoy the bike :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home