Friday, June 04, 2004

Calmer

Things a little calmer today emotionally. Still, an extremely busy day, as busy as yesterday. Had an appointment at the clinic and was going to just go there for this one person but I ended up attending to 4 appointments. One was Blanca's new baby Wendy- absolutely adorable- how can I put into words- preeeeecious! Blanca's a new mom, 18 years old, just learning. When the doc cleaned out the baby's bellybotton, Blanca's face just winced and almost cried. There was gunk in the navel from when the cord had fallen off and the first doctor thought it was an infection, but it was just residue. Baby Wendy didn't cry or flinch or wince at all and Blanca had to understand it was OK to clean out the navel, that the baby was all sealed up now. :) I remember being a new mom and having these same feelings. Boy I ticked off a lot of doctor fretting over the baby. Every little thing and I went crazy and cried and got dramatic like everyone was out to hurt my baby. By the time Micah came along I was still nutso but less so, more at east with him having had the experience. Still had postpartum fears and paranoia.

Well we watched the Bee last night, and saw some familiar faces there. Little Abby Eustace stood in front of Nathanael in the "lineup" last year. And I do remember David Tidwell, but the little boy that fainted, I don't remember. Nathanael and I were rapt. For those who don't know, he tied for 16th in the National Bee last year. We won the whole trip to DC courtesy of the Cincinnati Post and Nathanael made the front pages, the news on the networks, and had more than his 15 minutes of fame.

Tomorrow to W. Va. Don't really feel like going, but Steve needs another driver. He still has backaches. His aches and pains are starting to worry me just a bit. He seems to have an ache here, a pain there, some major back problems. His cholesterol is wayyyyyy, I mean, sky high. So he's on the medicine for that. And for his back problem, he couldn't even feel his foot. So he went to a chiropractor, someone most people don't believe in. Well she put him on this device and when the device moved his legs, he could hear an audible "pop"-like sound in his back, and seconds later he could feel his foot again- they had decompressed the nerve that was pinched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home