Monday, May 16, 2005

I'm finally getting help for this sciatica. It started 20 years ago or so as an occasional muscle spasm, the same muscle. It's graduated into a constant pain, sometimes tolerable, sometimes insupportable (is that a word in English?)- so I finally saw the doc and I'm going to physical therapy to see what works, get an x-ray, etc. In addition, Micah and I STILL have this stupid cold/bronchial/raw throat thing that was gone for a while, then came back, probably a different strain. My doc is strange- when you're IN PERSON he is as nice as can be, but on the phone he's a raging lunatic. Whenever I talk to him, I try to make sure it's in person. He is Jekyll and Hyde. I'm serious. I think it's because on the phone he just forgets who it is. I don't think he remembers names, just faces. And people are sometimes ruder on the phone than in person.
I missed a day of work today, hence my weekly bonus too. Had worked on Saturday(it's not required, it's if you want to, time and a half if you have 40 in), had wanted to do a perfect week this week- extended hours to get this project done- only to get sidelined by Micah's and my illnesses. I had already decided to stay home when Micah pleaded with me to stay home because he was going to stay home from school. He could barely speak. His throat still hurts now but those lozenges help, and it seems his headache is gone. I will send him off tomorrow with plenty of Hall's and Tylenol with a note that he can have it. Otherwise the school won't let the kids have anything.

Anyway sorry for this run-on- I'm typing as I'm thinking- not worrying about perfect grammar- so, no, I don't, usually, use so many comma, splices, and I think it's usually good to never split infinitives. I also don't normally write with contact run-on sentences it's not good to write like that. Poor grammar is something UP with which I will not PUT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home