Sunday, May 08, 2005

All right, the last time I visited Alberta was when I was about 12 years old...and now that I've gotten to know Angel Stripedwolf for a year or so, and another person from Alberta just jointed our little group ...I really wanna go back there. When I was 12 I didn't know anyone there and the most memorable soul was the bear that scared my mom at our campsite near Jasper. The scenery became my memory, preserved as beautiful as a postcard but from every angle. I still remember the majestic mountains completely surrounding the little town, the tram up Mt. Whistler and the climb the rest of the way up, and the snowball fight with my brothers on a warm summer day.

I should personally visit some of the group members. I know it may be impossible since we're from Alberta, Cincinnati (I haven't even met the
other Cincinnati member in person yet), Michigan, San Francisco (she bugs me but that's another story), Mississippi, Florida, Wisconsin, Maine, Colorado, probably a bunch of other US locations, the UK, Australia, and sometimes Bulgaria and Jamaica (last two being residences of Vicky, who is the reason we're all a group now- long story). I'm by far not the most active person in the group but it's fun and I've been with them for almost 3 years now. One Christmas we did a Secret Santa. We share baby pictures, work experiences, jokes, crazy stuff our kids do, frustrations, political opinions (a lot of heated discussions), heartaches, advice, and actually a few common enemies(again, long story). Some members are known for their "indelicate" language, LOL. That's putting it mildly.

Other news: Looks like Helen has run away, too. We haven't seen her in 5 days. She ran away the day Fiona died. She had NOT been acting sick, but I'm wondering if she was sick. My guess, though, is that she was hit by a car. It seems to be the fate of so many cats. There's one curve of our street where people drive like a bat out of hell. I never used to let my kids play near there, especially since one of our neighbors who grew up here was hit by a car there when he was a little boy. It messed up his knee. Later in life he played briefly for the Reds but his career floundered due to recurring problems with his knee due to that childhood injury. People drive like mad hornets around that corner. I don't know why. I try to drive slowly around this neighborhood since kids pop out of nowhere, everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home