Sunday, May 01, 2005

Karl stayed over last night (third weekend in a row) and made us all the standard extremely regal American breakfast. Goedda, bacon, potato dish, scrambled egg dish, French toast with the actual bread made for it (previous breakfasts have included pancakes, etc.). Karl and Steve work on computers and then crash...'sokay...it's fun and Karl's a chef and loves to cook. So I let him at it. I have to be careful with these breakfasts, though, because they ruin any progress on the diet.

Found another job I'm actually REALLY interested in. Altogether a couple that really attract me. So I'm going to look into those this week. The one I interviewed for about a month ago, well, I decided I'm not so interested in it- I don't like the location, to be honest- I usually don't have a problem with any location but this is different. Several reasons why I don't care for that location, traffic being one. So I know they haven't hired anyone and if I were to contact the man I might become interested again. Don't know. I really think I like the other prospects better. Got some interpretations which collided with my grading schedule at DRC on Thurs. and Fri.- had told Rosario not to schedule me for those days, but she forgot- anyway, if I were assured I'd have a lot of appointments I might stop DRC, even though I thoroughly enjoy it. If I had a full day of interpreting most days the money would be better and I thoroughly enjoy that, too. Hm.

OK, 'nuff of that boring junk. Helen made up for mauling Micah's snake. This morning she brought in the house (we had to catch her FAST) another snake- about a foot and a half long garter- I told Micah the snake was probably mauled too much and to just let Helen finish it off. But Micah inspected it and it had only one bite- he was convinced he'd nurse THAT one back to health, so it's in the cage. So he took Helen's breakfast. (Helen really has a taste for reptiles- kinda unusual for a cat? She ate Nathanael's lizard not long ago- he should have secured the cage better.) Now Helen has just caught a mole for her litter. Fiona's still kind of listless- will take her to the vet if she doesn't improve soon- have seen no signs of icky things living in her but maybe medicine to get out the things I don't see is necessary.

Karl and Steve have watched the Rocky marathon today, well, off and on, and so far he's beaten Apollo twice, then onto Hulk Hogan, Mr. T., and now the big Russian, I forget his name. Boris?

I'm on Nathanael's machine since the guys are downloading Linux stuff on the other one (they're really into Linux and are weaning themselves from Windows). Nathanael needs to get back on. He's had loads of homework today to make up for his sick days last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home