Wednesday, April 27, 2005

On a brief hiatus from my 2 jobs. Friday I'm doing a disability appointment. Man, those can sometimes be painful. Several times I've sat with a person repeating their entire life story to a doctor. Many people have had horrible, horrible lives. I've heard many things that give people pain. Things that I wouldn't be able to go on living after. Or maybe I would because I'd have no choice, like those people. MondayI'm back at Q-Fact (simultaneous interpretation, the hardest kind) working with La Verdad (which is interested in hiring me) in the a.m. and Rough Bros. in the p.m.

Micah had a sensitive moment today. Long story short (I'll try): Fiona kept going into Steve's closet and looking intently, twitching her tail. I thought she'd found a mouse. Steve kept saying, nah, she's mistaken. I said, no, something's in there, some animal or something; she wouldn't act like such a predator if there weren't. After Fiona returning several times to the closet to watch and twitch and act ready to pounce, without any of us seeing anything, Micah went through the stuff in there to see if he could find the phantom mouse. What he found was his poor little snake which had escaped from the terrarium where he'd put him. The kids had found 2 garter snakes, and 1 had escaped. Well the poor little snake was alive but pretty scratched up. Probably the cats had done it at some point, even though they are all usually outside. Anyway, he debated on whether or not to try to nurse it back to health, but in the end decided (with my advice, too) to let it die, so...he let the cats eat it. He got a little choked up about it but it was better to let it die than live in pain. Such is the circle of life and all that. But I do love Micah's sensitive side, which comes out in these moments. Behind that tough guy exterior...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home