Thursday, April 14, 2005

Knock on wood, is this RIGHT? I can only hope!

Just did the taxes and I'm very cautiously, almost superstitiously optimistic that...I have done them correctly...because if I have, and all these wonderful deductions are for real (according to TaxCut for this year, they are...) we are getting a good whopping sum of $$ back from our wonderful Uncle Sam. For some reason the deductions are MUCH more than they used to be. Man I remember tax time under the Clinton years...it was heavy. I expected to have to pay major, major money this year. I'm half expecting to get audited and be told I've done something very, very wrong. This just can't be true. It's strange. The individual and child tax credits plus the standard deductions are, I guess, what do it (I did the individual itemizations and the standard deduction was still greater)...I mean the program did all the math...what is up with this...$3100 credit per person plus an additional $1000 per kid...is this really right? It's what TaxCut tells me. Please, please God, let me be OK, please don't let me to have made a huge mistake...

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished my taxes with TaxCut also and found the same type of thing. My taxes this year were way less than what I had expected. I've used TaxCut for about 14 years now (the early versions were very crude), and I do trust what they are doing. Assuming you have entered your data correctly you should be fine!

So....

Relax and enjoy your new-found $$$$.

Aunt E.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home