Saturday, March 26, 2005

I am not a conspiracist. I usually tell the paranoid that no one has a file on you, and no, the government doesn't care what you do and doesn't have a satellite beamed at your house. I think Bill Boshears is 100% nonsense. (The government's body is so big and brain so little that if it's bit in the ass it takes it ten years to feel the pain.) But no matter how skeptical I am, I cannot watch "Deliverance" without arriving at a parallel route to the plight of Terri Schiavo. Just how involved was her husband with her condition?


Other news: People, please wash your laundry. Seriously. I interpreted at PH the other day and while waiting I got to talking with a very nice young woman with 4 kids. Her 4th, a little baby girl with soft little wisps of blonde hair, was there for a checkup. She began to tell me all about her kids, her life, her dad, etc. etc. as people are prone to do. The entire time I was able to smell her clothes, and her baby's clothes, and especially the baby's blankets. Every bit of fabric she owned smelled of large wet dog, feet, and smoke. In short, it smelled of IGNORANCE. I felt so bad for this baby who had to sleep in this stinky stuff. Anyway, at an opportune moment, when she told me "We-ell, the doctor said ya don't need ta put much powder on babies no more".... I said, "That's true, and I've heard too they shouldn't be in second hand smoke...." the stench of those fabrics was so strong it was hard to pretend I didn't smell it. MAN I wanted to burn that stuff! It should have occurred to me to say, "You know I remember using this really neat stuff called Dreft." But those poor kids in that house with those flea-bitten dogs and carpets and blankets! Not to mention the smoke! She said, "well, m'dad's comin' home from the hospital and he's on oxygen so we all hafta quit smokin' real soon..." I'm like SCREW THAT! QUIT for your KIDS! For that precious baby! But I tried to be nice, so at least she would MAYBE take a hint...maybe when the baby went to get checked the nurse said something. As is their duty. No one could miss that nasty stench.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home