Saturday, March 19, 2005

I'm at the library downtown with Nathanael. Both our home computers are kaput. Steve's working on one of them now. Fed it more money. (sigh) Stupid things. His laptop- didn't even have it two years- and it's just a mess, despite his efforts to keep it alive. All I need is someplace to get online and somewhere to create documents and get e-mail. That's really all I need from a computer and if it were up to me, the basics is all I'd care about.

They're having a fest of some type here,maybe raising money, maybe lobbying to stop library funding cuts, who knows. It's anything but quiet, with a live jazz band and little kids milling about. It's quite acarnival. I think I may go see if Hai Bui is here so I can get something yummy and Vietnamese. He's the person who runs the small restaurant here and his wife's been recently in the hospital on dialysis. He occasionally interprets for Conversa, when he works with me and when his wife is well and when he's not here at the library.

I hope I can find something low-fat...I'm still trying to lose the weight I put on since my all-time low (which I gained eating Cuban food and at Waffle Huts in Fla., remember?). I want to get to that low and then go lower. My goal is 135. I'm 5'7". That would put me at probably a size 6. Right now I'm 8 and (gasp) sometimes 10. At my lowest I was a definite size 8 and 10's were too big!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home