Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Better day today. Got to play and help children, too. Especially one little boy, son of a pregnant mom I helped. This little boy was a former preemie. Microcephalic, too. Has had some operations on his head. I'm not sure the whole situation but he's 4 and doesn't walk yet though he probably will some day. Developmental delays. But has good fine motor skills. Has barely talked, has a lazy eye, but can follow things visually and laughs and interacts well. I just played with him today- and rubbed his legs and arms- stretched his legs and arms, which he absolutely loved so much. I played with the little sister, too. So adorable. Beautiful little child. Both with those huge, huge dark eyes. I imagine the baby will be beautiful, too.

Rose still isn't in Japan. Visa delayed but due any day soon. She and hubby are going to teach in Berlitz in Tokyo for a year. She will love Japan. I was one of the people who told her how nice Japan is and I think my description (and all the times I sat there studying kanji) influenced her and her husband to try living in Japan. 2 to be added to the many gaijin in Tokyo.

Ran into Marc0 - boy is he a cutie- and women do notice- he's got that ponytail and goatee and little glasses and has that cute intellectual look, especially when he's reading his philosophy books. Anyway the women do notice. :) He's a young guy- 25 ish- what's my name? Mrs. Robinson? JUST KIDDING EVERYONE! He's a nice guy.

Sofia is quitting and moving to Prague to teach ESL. She's fed up with Conversa's schedule, she says. Not knowing what job (or if she has one) from month to month. Anyway she's tired of it. I know how it is. I do I do. I've been in her shoes and have been with Conversa for years now. I know I know I know. She says she'd be leaving even if she weren't leaving Cincy. I wish her luck.

I ran into Sofia, Rose, Marco, Heidy, and more today at Elm, so it gave me a chance to get caught up on all the gossip and take my mind off of that devastating Friday morning. (I should focus on the things I have done WELL, not the one thing that went crazy on me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home