Thursday, May 05, 2005

Thanks for your comments, everyone. I'm not much into babying pets or getting nutso over them and having them like my own children, which I realize some people do. I have my children. My children are my children, but my pets are special too, in a different way. Fortunately my grief when they die is not overwhelming, but I do feel it. Fiona was one of my particular favorites. She was so affectionate, nuzzling, cuddling, such a sweet girl. I will miss her. She gave and gave until the end, not even thinking about herself. So maternal.

Since my cats do spend a lot of time outside, they do what they naturally do in the wild- eat strange things, do strange things. But I can't force them to live in a cage (house). Animals need to be outside. I don't declaw. I hate declawing. It hurts! It's like cutting off the tips of your fingers. I adopted a declawed who'd been abandoned. She was so sick due to trying to live on her own without her claws. People don't realize when they declaw a cat that when they themselves DIE their relatives are not going to care about the cat and they will just turn it out. And if you have a $50,000 Italian couch, don't GET a cat. JUST DON'T.

I allow the cats to catch and eat prey. It's their nature and so I believe it's healthy. It's the diet God gave them. I can't make them like an invalid and baby them. They might live 15 years that way but how sad when they can't be outside. I couldn't live without going outside, so I can't expect them to. I realize keeping the cat indoors 100% of the time is the only practical solution for some people but when possible, try to let the cat get out and roam in a garden somewhere!

We now have just Helen (whom I haven't seen in 2 days, so hope she's just out on a jaunt and will be back- she's done it before- but she could have run off, too, and been hit by traffic, hope not)....and Oreo. We gave away Halo and his brother today. So many people wanted the kitties. They just keep calling and calling. I feel good about the homes I gave them to. Lots of little girls wanting cuddly kitties.

Oreo is adorable. She is just too cute. Just one of the cutest little faces ever. All gray and white patterned.

Today I began work on the Pennsylvania 8th grade tests. Finished training and qualified today. Will begin live tests tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home