Wednesday, July 21, 2004

'Nother Day

Watching TV right now about our lack of Spanish-speaking police officers. Hey I can help. The other day a lady died in a hit-and-run accident and the police were unable to talk to witnesses. This is one of the things I help correct in my work. There's no need for people like me in Miami or Tucson or Houston but in Cincy there are lots of Hispanics but few professionals who speak it. Once the city catches up with a larger second generation of Hispanics we will be more like Chicago or New York or LA in that regard with a surplus of bilingual people but until then I will have a big asset in getting jobs. Right now Conversa's good but after October I may start looking for something that I can build up retirement in.  Maybe working with the police dept. Whoops maybe not yet, Steve has a lawsuit against them. Well who needs to know?

Cat emergency today- icky parasite- Micah called me at the Y very upset- "she's got a hole in her neck with a worm coming out!" EWWW...well Micah took out a worm and then we went to the vet where Micah took out another worm and I cleaned the wound during our wait, and after a long wait the vet treated the wound with Neosporin and we came back home. Lucky has to stay IN the house and uh-oh, she just had an accident- Micah's on cleanup- it's HIS cat. (Uh, that's why I prefer cats to stay OUTSIDE.) Thank goodness not on the NEW carpet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home