Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Busy day at Elm Street, then Rough Bros for a very fun meeting, back to Elm, then onto the Salon.

Rough was fun- have been there a couple of times before- and everyone says it's a great place to work. Heck I'D like to work there. I expected an employee review meeting and was pleasantly surprised to enter to a Le Boxx lunch, several Hispanic employees, the HR Director, and the CEO. It was a get-to-know-your-employees/management lunch, and really nice. Hard to actually call it work! It's always been pleasant to go there.

Was blocked in today the first time at Elm- someone parked illegally blocking me in when I had to leave for Rough- how frustrating! Finally found the old man and had him move his truck. The guard at Elm is so, how shall I say, portly, that it's hard to believe he'd be able to guard anything. He could barely make it around IN THE ELEVATORS to ask around who had the truck. The guy can barely walk, how is he gonna guard anything? He's a great guy and so friendly but he'd feel better a bit thinner and wouldn't have to breathe so hard. Hm. Anyway he couldn't find the old man but finally the dental receptionist and I found him and said, hey, we're about to call the police to get it towed...The receptionist is really cool- I like her- she said, "I can't believe this! I'm so angry FOR you!" She was almost angrier than I was! Nice to have that kind of empathy.

What else- oh yeah, lots of clients today, worked mainly in the OB/GYN. A woman had her Norplant taken out after 4 years. Said it gave her headaches. Hubby is in Guatemala right now so why have it? I admire that faithfulness, not jumping into bed with anyone unlike another client's hubby who gave her some not-so-nice rash, which is minor but he's also hiding papers from his WIFE, papers from the STD clinic, the wife thinks she read "Gonorrhea" circled. OK, now I'D BE FRICKIN' LIVID!!!!  OK, now I was pretty angry on behalf of the wife... An icky rash is bad enough, messing around is bad enough, but hiding diseases that you then GIVE to someone? ARRRRGH!

OK now I get to see (via the weekend news) a video of the now infamous chicken-bashers. Poor birdies,  it's a little unsettling to know someone's been abusing my food before I eat it.  OK someone just threw my KFC against a wall. A bad thing to do, sure, but why am I not heartbroken? Or is that actually a rhetorical question?

Went to the salon for a hair emergency. I botched up my self-coloring job (the same coloring I've used many times before, so I don't know what I did wrong!!!). Ended up spending beaucoups $$$ to get it fixed. Mitchell's has become my hair ER. They always fix what I screw up. I saw Jenny (Gabe's ex) very briefly while there and wish I could have talked to her more and tell her how much fun I had with her little boy Alex during Crowduck. He's an adorable little guy!

 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home