Friday, July 16, 2004

More of the same things today. Including a child so horridly afraid of going to the doc he screamed and screamed in agony as if we were torturing him. Of course he remembers that doc's office = shots. Little Querin was relieved that he didn't get poked with needles this time, but boy he did scream!
 
(sigh) Problem I see with one of my colleagues, R, who is having difficulty with speaking English but won't say she needs help. But now it's resulting in some very serious issues. A serious mistake today could have resulted in some liability. Some of the English-only speaking people are having trouble communicating with her and she just can't understand them, especially the various dialects/accents used in Cincy. I don't know how to bring up this issue with G without it seeming like I'm meddling or trying to cause problems. This person has been touchy with me before but right now we're really on good terms. She's also not the only one who's made mistakes. When I came back from vacation I had to correct S's mistakes. Minor but when we do payroll everything has to match exactly and though mistakes can be minor they take major time to correct. Thank goodness these didn't; I corrected them in a small amount of time.
 
I'm afraid if I bring stuff up I'll be perceived as thinking I'm the only one who knows how to do things. Sometimes I quietly correct things. And I don't want to actually GET to the point where I think I'm the only one who knows how to do things, or think that I'm not capable of a big mistake. I have and it's hard to admit making them or it's hard to admit when you don't have a skill to do a job. R is going to need more experience speaking with people here. She understands her husband, of course, but has trouble understanding others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home