Thursday, June 10, 2004

Breather

Calmer day today. Thank God. Someone in the law firm 2 floors below us, who was at that deposition yesterday, told my boss Gerry I did a good job. :) I will TRY to accept that compliment though I know she couldn't tell how badly I really messed up. If anyone ever sees the six hours of grueling, tedious videotape, and hears me stumbling all over my words, and nearly pass out of low blood sugar so I couldn't concentrate, they will see how bad I was. I will take the compliment anyway and shut up and just hope that no one sees that videotape. The opposite side will probably say I sucked so bad they will try to have the whole thing done all over again. I don't think, though, to be fair, that anything I messed up on will be in the suer's disfavor. Too much of it is not pertinent to the case...Oh I pray to God either I wasn't so bad as I thought, or at least I pray that everything's OK and that it'll do...

I need to stop worrying about it...and if the law firm who hired us (me) never calls back, I hope to God it's because they didn't have a new case rather than that they didn't want me back again. The lawyer told me "don't worry, you did fine", but that's not because she understands Spanish and how many mistakes I made. Once someone brings that to her attention...well, no one's perfect, and at least now I have that experience under my belt.

Today I concentrated on things IN my comfort zone- invoices, light accounting, rectifying patient schedules, and praying for baby Yenci (age 11 days) who's in the hospital- her father told me she was gonna be OK...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home