Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Does anyone...

read this? If you do give me some feedback and let me know.

Back to interpreting more but tomorrow is an office day. I got to hold lots of babies today- best part- and tell a person she's pregnant- and she's pretty excited though kind of stunned, too. And help a first-time mom, and assist 2 couples with (yuck) getting treatment for STD's. Uh...I like the baby part better...but to be honest when you talk to people you don't even really think about the gross factor it if it's that kind of thing. But I do get attached to babies- I even changed a poopy diaper today for a mom with her hands full- and some people think I'm crazy- I'm not a nurse, after all- just an interpreter who happens to love babies. While waiting for patients who are late or no-shows sometimes I goo-goo at other babies there. I drive everyone I know crazy because every time we go out I goo-goo at someone's baby. My family just can't take me anywhere. The best part of going to Crowduck was playing with MY kids, of course, and then my little niece and nephew and my SIL's brother's little boy (if you can follow all that you're quite a genius). Little Hayden (nephew), age about 1 2/3, is mainly interested in things that spin and turn but I did manage to get him to sing a wordless song with me that goes aaa yiiiiiii.....aaa yiiiiii....that amused Hayden and me and drove the other campers crazy for hours.

Took Micah and Bryan to the Y for about the thousandth time- good time until a nice storm came up. The Powel-Crosley Y now has a really good indoor pool now, too, with a big fun slide and a whirling section, so in the summer both the indoor and outdoor pools are options. Micah's buddy Bryan is now into doing everything Micah does, liking everything Micah likes (rusty old steel pop cans dredged up from isolated dump sites on remote Manitoban fishing camps, for example), acting like Micah acts. He got a bike just like Micah's and had to have all the same exact extras (basket, ornaments, etc.) as Micah. I mean, not A basket, I mean AN EXACTLY IDENTICAL basket. So now there are often 2 identical bikes in my yard.
Is this healthy? They're the same size (though Bryan's older) and so sometimes they wear each other's clothes. They like the same silly jokes- for example, yelling while in the car to everyone on the street the same "WAZZZZZAAAAAP? Hooz yer daddy?" Sometimes they talk about girls- mainly how Micah likes Malea- but they don't talk about girls the way little girls talk about boys for days on end. It mainly goes like this:
Bryan: Hey Micah, there's Malea.
Micah: Yeah, I see her.
Bryan: Why don't you talk to her? She's your girlfriend.
Micah: If I try to talk to her she'll bite my head off or run away from me.
Mom: Interesting relationship.
(Are they praying mantises? Is there a new courtship ritual I don't know about?)

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! You have some very intelligent things to say. I don't always agree with them but am glad you put them out there and stand up for what you believe in. Keep it up!

Also, refresh my mind about what you are planning for Japan.

And I'm glad you went to Crowduck!!!!

Aunt E.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger vir said...

LOL you so crack me up can I start acting like micah and oh my gosh to have uncomplicated opposite sex conversations - a dream to be sure :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home