Monday, January 07, 2008

Wow, our firewall isn't working today? I'm at work. Just to catch up:

I've been learning some new Biblical truths and Virgi has been a gift from God helping me through it so I can even answer some things for my kids, too. I am NOT a rabbinical scholar...so it is hard for me to understand all of the hyperbole, the questions about how the OT was written, why Moses did this or that or killed these people, what God did to punish those who shed innocent blood but at the same time so many people do this in God's name....? But I know the truth of Christ. Even Gentiles with no clue like me can understand at least that. I'm beginning to understand Christ more in the context of the time in which He lived and the destruction of Jerusalem that was about to happen by Nero, which then happened. Jesus warned about these things and the diaspora happened and the Jews are all over the globe yet today even though they now have part of this land back (Israel). I just do NOT understand everything but Jesus came to the Jew AND the Gentile and we do not have to know everything in order to understand how Jesus has drawn us into His fold. Rabbis and Bible scholars study OT for lifetimes- context, culture, who wrote what, where, why, hyperbole, allegory, poetry, and even we Gentiles can draw from it and it shows what God is doing, and I definitely need more teaching. Please pray for me-sometimes I read skeptics' questions and I just say man, what is this whole life even for? - and then I see that there are sound answers to them and there are for mine and Nathanael's and Virgi's and everyone's as well. Dr. Y gave Nathanael an exhaustive Bible with references to why things are written certain ways, etc., references to other non-Biblical sources, other archaeological findings and writings, and more. One of the foremost scholars of the world on these ancient things. I will actually be asking some things myself.

Other things: Our doggie. Micah named him Fry. He is doing extremely well in taking care of him so far. He's a puppy so we are going through training. I have never owned a dog so this is new to me. Steve said if I got a dog he'd get a raccoon. So now there's the challenge. We have a zoo now with 4 pets. 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 ferret.

1 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is all such deep stuff. You need some time in the shallow end of life. Find something you want to do just for you, something that has no deep or hidden meaning and go do it! Perhaps you could buy a pet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home