Monday, December 10, 2007

OK I'll update.

Tom just scratched me. I mean HARD way down in my finger and it is THROBBING. Tom, btw, has a hurt leg (another animal bit it) and he's been taking meds for the ensuing infection. He scratched me because I've been giving him his pills. I spend more on him than on my kids or myself medically. No insurance for cats.

Update- our pets-
Tom (have had him for about 2 yrs) is a big old orange tom that we have had since we found him and his brother Aeron(who went to Brian's house). Aeron is an Aeron but no longer a tom and soon that will be happening to our cat's unfortunate jewels. Micah has been protesting but if Tom didn't have them he wouldn't care about his territory and therefore would not fight with other animals and get massively infected leg wounds.

Gigi (aka Gigi Falona Prissypaws) is our new cat-about 5 months old- spayed- totally indoors- great cat and very affectionate- cuddly and loves to lick faces but we also call her Heidi because she hides all the time. (Micah came up with that.)

Weasel is Steve's ferret. When she is out she sneaks around and hides all of our shoes in various places- under stove, behind couch, behind dryer, etc. so I never have a complete pair of shoes unless I put them in the closet where they belong. Besides shoes, she also hides cookies, balls, pieces of old things, whatever she can find to put in her "stash". Oh, and she BITES! And loves to tease Tom.

Gigi and Tom love each other and despite Tom's unrequited romantic overtures, they get along great and play and flirt a lot.

So there's the pet situation and I know I talk too much about pets so unless anything happens that's it for a while.

How 'bout them Bengals? Woot! Who dey! OK, OK, I KNOW yesterday was a gimme but we will take anything we can get!

I had 5 extra vacation days left over this year so I took 5 random days off. I had to use or lose them so this Wed. is the first one. I am going to Trinidad in a couple of months (methinks- not 100% sure yet) for a real vacation. Will meet a coworker's family. Fun!

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a good year for you to NOT come to Arizona. The weather down here has been cold and rainy lately. Yuk. Of course, we've only been here for a week, and we got out of Dodge--er--Chicago just in time to avoid all the serious weather up that way.

Aunt E.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

"GIGI FALONA PRISSYPAWS"?!?!?!?!

I disown you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home