Saturday, December 29, 2007

I'm writing this entry on a wireless keyboard that goes with this 42" monitor/TV that Steve got me? us? himself :) for my birthday/Christmas. He bought this gigantic monster and stuck it up on the living room wall. A very nice TV. I had asked for a little portable TV and he got me this PLUS all these crazy features like using my TV as a monitor. So here I am eight feet away from what I am typing. Below this monitor is a really nice Amish cabinet Mom gave me. This is definitely the lux du jour. I was a bit scared about how much this may have cost but I was told "I got a really good deal on this." And that is all he said. He wants me to stay out of the "man cave" (aka den). Well, not always. But often. I said, "Why don't you give me your old TV and you take this one to your man cave?" "No, no, no", he replies. "This is for your birthday so it is for YOU." The first thing I watched on it was the Bengals beating the Browns. I don't know what all this TV does and like Mom I have no idea why I need two remotes for the TV and what all these little buttons do and how to turn it off one thing and on to another. I'm such a girl. The person (probably a woman) who makes a woman-friendly remote control will make millions. Mom got Dad his big plasma TV a few years ago. She tries to turn it onto movies, back to TV, to DVD, to whatever, and then after we both try without success, Dad comes in and punches 2 buttons and says, "see how easy that was? Stop screwing up my remotes. You mess everything up." LOL Well, I'm going to learn how this monstrosity functions so I can at least enjoy all the little buttons that say SLEEP, COMPONENT, AV, CC, MTS, PIP, PIP CH -, PIP CH +, PIP INPUT, PIP SIZE, RGB, HDMI, and others as well as these little symbols that look like ET's alphabet. And you can't just punch the keys- they have to be punched in the right order. "Read the instructions!" Steve will say. Um, yeah. I'll get right on that. Now I want a remote control that doesn't have these buttons but has an automatic espresso machine- execute, a bathtub auto refill with aromatic options, offspring instant locator, and an aprés-work de-stressor switch.

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To figure out the tv remotes etc. it is very easy. There are only two rules.

Rule 1. Read the directions

If it does not work properly go to rule 2

Rule 2. Reread the directions

If this does not work - go ask Micah - he probably already has it figured out.... Dad

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

He told me it was "less than a grand," whatever you can draw from that.
I do like your assumption that no woman can reliably operate a remote control unless a woman-friendly version is invented... ha, ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home