Saturday, August 11, 2007

We went today to a quarry in Indiana for the first day of Micah's final certification tests in scuba. He did pretty well. Steve and Nathanael dove as well. Tomorrow Micah finishes up. Weather was 98 degrees at one point depsite the predicion of a "cool" 90. Tomorrow was supposed to be 98 so I suppose now it may be, as some days have been, over 100. You zonies out there are used to it but over here it's no dry heat. :) I am just fine with it. We were going to camp but Steve and I had had a fight and he didn't want to camp in the heat so we conceded. Our house is SO comfortable. Tomorrow I won't go with them but rather continue to clean the old house. I need Dan to inspect and say when he can put a sign up. The old AC from this house is at that one. Dan I already have a couple of people who may be interested. They are both parents of people who already own houses. One is a recent widower who owns the house 2 doors from us, and the other is James' grandmother. The door in the living room is JUST RIGHT for an older person who has difficulty getting around. Get into your car, come home, open the garage, put your car in the garage, close it, and get out right at your door. No going around anything. No cold air or anything.

My parents are in England right now so I'm sure they are a little cooler though a few years back I remember them getting hit with a heat wave that, though typical for us, sent them in fits.

5 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take the heat anyday. You can keep that white stuff. Just remember how much winter sucks.

Dave

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The forecast highs for England and Scotland for the next week are in the 60s. No heat wave over there this year. We've packed rain coats and heavy sweaters. (We're leaving Monday, will join up with your parents on Tuesday.)

I'm sure they'll love the cool weather, but I know I'll f-f-f-reeze!

Good luck to Micah on his scuba test. And I'm glad he's settled for school for the fall. He will be fine in 9th grade.

Aunt E.

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have people interested in the house I can help you talk to them prior to listing the house and maybe you can sell it without paying any commission. If they aren't interseted, the sign should go up ASAP. Call me and let me know when you think you're ready.

Dan

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, I need you to come over and tell me what still needs to be done. I have 2 people who might, just might be interested. The man is a recent widow so he can't make sudden decisions because his wife just died (3rd wife- long story- he's been a widower before) but I think his daughter (who lives in his current house) would love for him to live there. Her name is Kathy Rumping. Kross and Sidney's mom. Would love to have a say in who her new neighbors are. I will also talk to the grandmother of James. She has trouble walking and wants a house vs. an apartment and her 2 daughters also live in the neighborhood. She'd also love to be near her daughters. But the one daughter (mother of James) thinks she can't manage a house. But I also think she doesn't understand equity. And as I said the house is old-lady or old-man friendly.

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would still get your percent of commission, though. Maybe just not your company. If that indeed works out. They are just nibbles now and maybe neither person can do this just yet but they could be serious once they look at the house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home