Saturday, July 21, 2007

Today Steve and I bought a couch and 2 futons at Furniture Fair. (FYI they are "futons" in the American sense- they are foldout beds which can also be a couch.) Steve wanted 2 futons for the downstairs....wasn't so sure about it aesthetically speaking. The couch we bought for the LR is awwwwesome. The futons will be there Saturday, but the couch will take 6 weeks.

Couches come Saturday, the pods the next Saturday. We close Friday the 27th. I have packed up a lot of stuff here but much remains. Now Steve wants to buy a trailer (WTF????) from some guy Dan knows. That was news to me. At least I consulted with him about my hopefully pending trip to NYC. Still haven't bought tickets yet but I'm thinking of it. It's a lot of $$ for a few days in Manhattan but I think Micah would appreciate Ground Zero, Chrylser Bldg., the Guggenheim, etc. Micah said "it's OK if we don't go, Mom", but I would like to do this. This around everything else. Everything else is crammed in- moving, registering for schools, Nathanael moving to Iowa, orientation for parents at Grinnell. August is a busy month and I have saved my vacation days. As predicted Steve doesn't like the idea of NYC but then again he never told me about his trailer.

BTW this money to do all of this? Well part of it we are making, part of it from the hefty sum he borrowed from his 401K. When we have it all paid back he will be able to take it out for real if he wants. Now we are just borrowing from Steve. Part of this we have already, but yes a lot of it (big down payment and anticipate recasting once our current house is sold) came from borrowing from the 401K. He pays low interest to himself. We got locked in at a halfway decent mortgage but hopefully it won't matter TOO much once our Finney Trail house sells- after recasting, our payment will be LOW. :) Low enough that we can focus on educating our kidlings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home