Monday, July 16, 2007

I am SOOOO freaking out right now.
Sometimes I google names of people I used to know...
Today in a spare moment at work when our AS400 was down I decided to google an ex-BF.
http://www.monm.edu/news/releases2006/rovinski.06-06-06.htm
Yes, that's him! Same smile but wow he looks older than when I knew him when he was 25. WOW I remember him differently.... OMG HE WAS KILLED IN IRAQ last year. I am sooooo freaking outtttt.....this just is making me flip, this is just making me flip! OMG he got involved in his church...
I was about 19 and he was about 25 when we dated.
This just knocks me over and I am just so freaking crazy now! We were close. Not a long relationship but wow, pretty intense, and even though that was when we were practically KIDS I still remember it well and I am so glad to see he went on and lived a great life and had an awesome wife and kids and got involved in a church and WOW OK I am still really, really freaking out. I'm sure his wife has NO CLUE I ever existed and why should she and she won't, but this is still WEIRD.

3 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We hope you are past being freaked out by your recent discovery of the fate of your former BF.

That got me to thinking about a guy I once cared about and I Googled him. It took some doing, but eventually I found his obituary. He had died about 2 years ago. But there was enough in the obit for me to realize he'd lived a good life.

So then Chuck did the same with an old girlfriend. He found she's been married twice, has 4 kids with the second husband and at least one with the first, and appears to be alive and well and living in a midwestern state.

Some of the info was a bit shocking, so we came away with the realization you really shouldn't go looking for someone unless you are prepared to deal with whatever it is you might find. But it was also good to know what happened to these people, so in the end we're glad we searched.

Aunt E.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did some searching for other people as well. I found an old BF who is working for an aviation magazine. Another is a building inspector. My roommate who was very homesick and eventually left MU to go back to Akron- she moved to California. A high school guy in my class graduated with honors from Harvard and now is an educational consultant. those are just the few I've found.

I have kept up with others so I know their lives well...and what they have done...but this was a surprise, but I'm still not afraid to find out about other people.

Gary was special and I'm glad he went on to do everything he did.
I thought about him over the years, too.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh, I must not be googling correctly because I can't find anyone I used to know/date. Maybe thats a good thing.
T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home