Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The temperature today plummeted from 80 to 45F. The kids and I watched a twist of mammatocumulus try to become a tornado, but for lack of energy and unevenness the chunks of air and clouds broke apart and the swirl disintigrated, like bits of wet clay breaking off because the potter's wheel is too slow. Still, it was a formidable storm which took the power out for a while.

Micah has been having some drama and I would appreciate everyone praying for him. He is worrying me in ways that, well, a mom worries about a young teenaged boy. I worry about the things I know he does, and I worry about the things he won't tell me he does but I know he does anyway. I worry when he lies about something and says "so-and-so did it, it's HIS fault," and I worry about when he's in denial or angry with himself. I worry about his grades but that's a consequence of the angst within him and it may be time for some more therapy. We are discussing it...usually he's a pretty well-adjusted and engaged kid but he has his moments. How much of this drama is normal? After praying, I felt God was leading me to find something Micah can do which is not about himself- caring for an elderly person or a disabled child or volunteering in some capacity- that is when he shines.

Now, for my dad. My dad has some serious health concerns. I ask that you let Mom contact you, and she will. Right now she is overwhelmed and can't take a lot of phone calls- just let her get her breath- and asked me not to post the details about my dad, but since he is my dad, I thought you all may want to know my dad is at McCullough-Hyde and right now he is being stabilized and will be there for the next few days. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

8 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you get back on here soon, your Mom sent all three of us an e-mail, and we all responded with an offer to go there immediately. She said she will let us know, but I also hope you will let us know if she gets tired or overwhelmed and would appreciate some help, possibly with the baby-sitting.

Aunt E.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today Dan babysat but in the future we may need help. I don't think Mom realizes yet that Dad's going to need to be watched, too, once he gets home, and she will have to take care of him. I don't know at this point how independent he can be anymore. He may bounce back 100% but I think now it may be a long time that Mom has to look after him and maybe not leave him alone, and he will probably not be able to drive Hayden, etc. for a long time. So that would be great if you could come out here, and maybe in a couple of days we will know more how much help she will need. Dad tends to overstate how healthy he is and that he doesn't need help. We will probably need a sitter because Dan can't do it usually since he has to work on his houses. Mom will probably not admit when she's overwhelmed because she's still trying to sort through what's going on and I don't think she's seeing long-term right now, so please if you could all be prepared- thanks!

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My own schedule is very flexible for April. There's nothing important going on (except April 27-28th) the whole month. Besides, I just finished the income tax! I can probably get a flight "the next day" most of the time.

Aunt E.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In other news, Nathanael has been accepted by your alma mater. He has some decisions to make!!!!

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, do you fly solo? Or are you talking regular airline flights?

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm talking about the airlines. (I did happen to fly in our own airplane myself this morning, with two lady non-pilot passengers!) But to get to Ohio in a timely fashion, without worrying about the weather, I will take the airlines. I just need to make reservations as soon as someone decides they want me there. I would fly from here to Cincinnati, which as you know will require one stop somewhere along the way.

Aunt E.

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you recall but my dad was in the hospital about a year ago with CHF. He is (I think) doing fine. He follows a diet and exercise plan. If you google Heart and Kidney failure you can get more info. I found the mayoclinic.com site to be the easiest to understand and very comprehensive. High blood pressure and diabetes were a common denomiator in both illnesses. I hope to hear that he gets back on his feet sooner than later.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad's getting better and they are managing his CHF and the renal failure. Those are no longer failing. He is stable and will pull through.

My dad has some health problems that he does not ADMIT to having, and it is time for him to get real with himself!!! That was a real scare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home