Monday, February 26, 2007

The Oscar goes to...

It's been a while, hasn't it?
Well let's see...I had to watch the Oscars last night. I don't give a rip who won what because I think a lot of good movies don't get nominated for political reasons, and vice versa. I do want to see a few of them, thought- the two Leo is in, and the Queen.

I watch it mainly to see the gowns. Helen Mirren had the prettiest. Beautiful! Also Maggie Gillenhaal and Jada Pinkett Smith (who always looks perfect). I hope Jennifer Hudson drove by and threw a rock through Simon's window with a note saying, "nyah nyah look at me NOW!" Well the gowns and tuxes were stunning. A lot of people don't pay attention and I don't go out of my own way to get beautiful gowns (where would I wear them? I'm no society person.) for myself. I look at them for the same reason I watch Miss America and collect Barbies from around the world. Shimmering, flowing gowns are beautiful to look at. Penelope Cruz looked incredible. The best gown I've ever seen, though, is last year's Versace on Jessica Alba. Steve watched part of it. Neither of us watched all of it. Nicole Kidman always looks perfect but this time that big red bow on her shoulder looked, according to Steve, "like a parrot perched there".
Nutty as Donatella Versace is (wasn't she the model for The Incredibles' wardrobe lady?), she is a genius designer, as are Vera Wang, Anna Sui, etc. etc. etc. Ah well, I shop at Wal-mart for my own stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home