Monday, July 03, 2006

Micah and Brian are building a bike from parts of various others.Plus about $35 worth of new parts which, of course, I ended up financing. Until I get Micah to mow the lawn a few times to fulfill his end of the deal.

I just brought Nathanael back from Borders where he got two Kafka books- Metamorphosis (about a nondescript salesman who awakens one morning as a giant bug) and The Trial (about a guy arrested and tried for no crime in particular). Old classics, I guess. :) I got a new Games magazine, the only puzzle mag with challenging, interesting puzzles. Sorry, the rest of the mags are way too easy. It didn't start that way. I just got older. I have solved way too many word games.

A co-worker had a heart attack over the weekend. It's ironic that I was just thinking about that same person and the fact that he'd better watch his health. This guy was a ticking infarction bomb: overweight, with high blood pressure, and the temper of a rabid badger, the latter generally attributed to his hot Cuban blood. Well he didn't want anyone to know, but his girlfriend Mayra called up and told us he'd been in the ICU over the weekend. Supposedly he's going to be OK but only if he gets his health issues under control. Hopefully he will take a serious look at his own mortality and make some decisions about what remains of his lifetime.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ug, I hated reading F. Kafka. That bug story was awful. He was/is the most depressing author. Come to think of it most High School literature is unpleasant reading. Bridge to Tarabetha still haunts me. Not to mention all the other random stuff and stuff where people died and all that jazz. Just not fun reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home