Sunday, July 02, 2006

Nice, hot, sultry July.

We went to Gilboa. Put up the big tent and Micah's tent that he uses to camp with Brian (it's Brian's tent). Steve and Nathanael got one dive in. Water seeped into one of Steve's myriad of cameras. Even small vacations for Steve are often an tedious exercise in equipment maintenance- he brings so much expensive stuff instead of the way I do vacations- a change of clothes, my meds, toothbrush, cheap camera- check, and I'm off.

I looked at the deceitfully blue sky. Noticed the harbinger clouds preceding a front- those long, thin, jagged-edged ice crystal clouds the jet stream pushes ahead- they looked innocent enough, but I told the guys, "Well, it isn't going to rain today, but wait until tomorrow..." Sure enough, in the middle of the night rumblings began far off...by 8 a.m. they were hitting more than missing us...by 9 a.m. it was a steady line of cells and torrential downpours. So we hit the Waffle Hut and headed back to muggy but rain-free Cincy. No one is allowed to scuba during thunderstorms, d'oh, unless they plan on death by electrocution.

Fastforward to tonight. Micah's being his argumentative self. I had to send him to his room once. Contending with his mouth is exasperating.

1 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring Micah up here for a visit. I miss him. Even when he's argumentative. I haven't had a chance to congratulate him for his good work in getting through seventh grade, and I still have a present for him from Greece. Also, Steve and Nathanael left their t shirts here the last time they were here. If he comes for a visit, I promise I won't be Mrs. Troxel, I'll just be Grandma.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home