Monday, June 19, 2006

Saw the damage for myself- almost a total loss. Looks like Acton Lake just backed itself up into the basement. And foul as that lake, too. Mold of all colors, everywhere. Most things are utterly unsalvageable. There wasn't too terribly much there that mattered a whole lot, but some of the books that were higher up are OK, and a few souvenirs. Recovered- my mom's coaster set gathered from restaurants and bars worldwide...my dad's menagerie of little snow globes from around the planet. LOL Hey at least it's not Mom's Gaults and all those other little collectibles that cost a bundle each.

7 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lost: 50% of the Blaser National Geographic collection (the oldest ones were okay). All interior walls were torn out today, new sewer line installed today too. It will be back in it's former glory soon. Better than ever. The bright side is this gives them an oportunity to do some things to the basement that they would like. It's basically a clean slate.

Dan

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, you are an absolute gem! I'm so glad you were there and were able to jump right in and help out. And everybody else too. What a great family you are!

Aunt E.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Ann said...

COULD they, oh COULD they, get rid of the barroom theme??? Maybe put in an actual bar, some nice wood...and lose the dogs playing poker and the electric beer signs. :) JUST my humble suggestion. To use the quotation: "Not that there's anything wrong with it, but..." LOL Who else can say it...time for a change. Go online- lots of good basement ideas. How about some easy chairs, nice wood, that TV, some good books, low lights, something leather, and an actually decent table to play cards on. Decor- subtle, somewhat neutral, and then the accents can be something cute.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I'll take back the remainder of the NG's and also my china set from Grandma T. just as soon as I get a new house. Don't hold your breath but give me a year.

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give you 5 years and it still won't happen.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Ann said...

(sigh) here we go again...

I guess the only way to prove it is do it. If Steve doesn't, I will...:)

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just playing with you. I hope you guys do get your act together! If you need any help, just let me know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home