Sunday, June 18, 2006

Micah went to confirmation camp today- disgruntled- he'd just spent the night in the tent in the backyard with Brian. Anyway, he whined and complained because he'd miss the St. Vivian father's day fireworks. Wellll....it's out of his pleasure zone.....some things are just tuff...

Get back from all that to receive a call from Dan who had stopped by Mom and Dad's while they were in Greece to find the basement had been flooded. The water had gone up to 2 feet and receded. Almost everything in the basement is a total loss except whatever was up high. This includes some really old records and paintings by my grandma. The furnace, a bed/mattress, closet doors, stairway, hundreds of old National Geographics (some dating from about 1912 onward), walls, stairs, an old old stereo and speakers, probably the pool table, a bunch of other old books, and lots of other old junk and some good junk, well it's all shot. Mom and Dad came back today and had no idea...Dan and Dave and Steve and Nathanael did the best they could to clean up, take pictures, estimate loss for insurance, etc. Dan has already talked to the adjuster. What a surprise. They were jetlagged and shellshocked; I'm sure they just went to bed and will deal with it in the morning, happy that at least someone found out and started to deal with it ahead of them having to discover it themselves.

I babysat Dave's little kidlets and we all had a whopping good time at McDonald's playland and playing outside.

I've been back on J. Craig for a while now and it is working. I had gained so much weight working at Hillman. Everyone brings in treats all the time. I had really gained a lot of what I had previously lost. I found myself unable to fit into a lot of my "skinny" clothes so I finally got real with myself and went back and got on the scales for real and now I'm down about 10 pounds. Getting closer to my goal I set for myself in 2003 despite all the yo-yoing. I had been SO close when I stopped last time...this time that won't happen. And I have maintenance for life and a meal discount plan now. So after my goal weight is achieved, once I find myself gaining 3 or 5 pounds, I can just go back and get on the plan again.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger vir said...

Sorry to hear about the water damages and loss at your parents house,So glad Dan found it, it would have been worse if he hadn't!

Weight stuff I spent most the morning trying to deal with finding a plan online can't afford WW and curves I want to do both together my 2 miles 4-5 days a week is so not cutting it.

I e mailed Jim who looks great he did WW on line gave me a few tips I really have to start eating ~ mom griped at me for only having a yogurt and it was almost noon.

Glad you are trying to get healthy and stay that way resist treats must resist treats or only have a tiny bit to satisfy a craving.

Good luck

Vir

 

Post a Comment

<< Home