Monday, June 12, 2006

Someone mentioned the Amish...

I have actually met and visited Amish (very young when I did so)- they were way cool people and I love their lifestyle- great food and awesome woodwork and great work ethic. Don't care for the dark curtains and the narrow gene pool (of the later generations) from which to choose. But their sense of community and family are second to none. Hey they don't have to pay taxes and that's way cool by me.

I'm too old for a wildenrspreung. Sorry, German-speakers. Don't know if I spelled that right.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to meet the Amish! I think the concept of the lifestyle is captivating. I wouldn't mind escaping there for a summer and take the kids so they can appreciate what they have. Not to mention they are master quilters, um yeah! Plus they get to have a pony. ;-) And they have a fine sense of community. How many people do you know that would help a neighbor like they do??

Although, I do like my technology as well, like plumming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home