Wednesday, November 30, 2005

It's darn cold now. For me. I find the more time passes, the more I just hate cold and the more time I spend avoiding it and getting out of it. It just seems like my hands, feet, and nose are always cold. At work, at home, everywhere. I don't care if it's sunny, cloudy, rainy, humid, dry, day,or night. A good day is just a day in which I don't feel like jumping into a hot tub all the time. Even the whole south of the US, even Miami, has its chilly days, but not many. Most places do have a chilly time. My ideal is no jacket required at any time. It's now I'm thankful that at least I have the Caucasian hair and nose (whatever "Caucasian" is since to my knowledge none of my ancestors were from the Caucasus mountains- but you know, Aryan, or White, or whatever, you just can't put people into three or four main groups in the world, but I digress...)....my stringy hair that acts like a blanket and doesn't let the warmth escape from my head- so I rarely need a hat, at least- I know Karl complains all the time about his cold head and he has a lot of hair, but it lets heat out, here's the good old geo-anthropolgy lesson again- "black" hair lets heat out to cool down a person- Karl used to work up near the North Pole and he hated losing heat (even despite wearing lots of hats) but that was his favorite place to work. And at least my nose, while on the outside it's cold, warms up the air I breathe by having these little teeny tiny holes for nostrils. But there's a part of me somewhere that's still warm-loving...like a lizard, I just want a warm rock...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home