Monday, November 21, 2005

This is for anyone who can tolerate me (and I realize you are few):

I have 5.5 days of vacation time left that I have to use BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR. If I don't use it, I lose it.

I want to go somewhere! Maybe.

I won't eat much. I won't interfere with work or hobbies. I promise to shut up when you tell me to. I will be a good houseguest and I won't leave bugs in your house. I'll pay my own way to things. I won't bring in strange men (unless you ask me to, lol).

Or if anyone wants to go with me to someplace, I'm all for it. I can drive places. I might be able to drive to warm places.

I can fly places, too, though nothing too extravagant. I take the cheapest flights. I will sit by the person with 12 carry-ons and many extra pounds hanging over the edge of the chair, just to get to your house. I can get to your house. You don't have to even come for me. You won't know I'm even there. I will just lurk around your house quietly. Or sleep in your yard.

Anyone?

4 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're interested, you could come here in early December. We are probably going to Portland for Christmas (leaving here about Dec 22) and then returning through Denver later.

I assume you want to be home with your kids during their school break.

If you want to come before then, let me know. We don't have much planned. (However, Jeanne and Len may need my assistance during that period.)

Aunt E.

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure you would want to come here to the house of sick. Har. See journal for latest development. When you have kids who needs a bird flu.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Toy I do want to meet your kids someday! I have other relatives in Denver so someday I am going to get out that way and finally meet my cousin's kids.

It's funny Ellen that another place I was considering was Portland but not over Christmas since Joe will probably be here. :) I don't know Portland and he's lived there so long it's about time I see him. I may consider your offer of sunny Tucson. I can help Jeanne and Len too. I know you always invite me up there but this time by my blog I think I've invited myself. I'd probably be a royal pain! If I do go, please do not feel that you have to entertain me! You have done plenty of that in the past. I am curious about your new house! I hear it's spectacular.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Tom and Toy I would love to see your kids someday...my aunt/uncle on the other side also live near you so someday I will see everyone out there! I love Denver.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home