Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Things are not good right now here.

Long story short: A few days ago Micah told a few kids at the school about what happened in 7th grade. Now before going back to school he had to have a psychiatric evaluation, etc. etc. etc. to prove he won't go postal. He's been to one. God answered my prayer and I was able to get an appointment with a great doc today. However, school has to "discuss" and all before he can return. In the meantime they are letting him keep up with his work but it's been short in coming. This is ridiculous. My nerves are shot and I won't tell you what I think of the administration. I think the teachers agree with me. I am tired of schools. He has to go for 2 hours of another evaluation later this week or Monday. I don't know if the school will pend for that or not. Could use some prayer. There are particular people whose competency I question. He is being punished for something in 7th grade all over again. They say he should have never mentioned this whole thing but since he did, rumors started about a kid who in 7th grade had a "hit list". And so on and so on and so on. It never ends. The whole year started great. Now I'm just sick.

5 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some parts of your past you can never outrun. It gets better, but this may haunt him for awhile. You can't blame the schools for this. I would always want them to err on the cautious side. Although it sucks for you, it is a good thing. I'll say a prayer for him.

Dave

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. Keep the prayers coming. It helps. Prayers really do help in both tangible and intangible ways. Legions of angels are dispatched to do God's will.

The weird thing is that we've done the whole appointment and everything. Just seems they are dragging their feet. The teachers are good. One of them is coming to visit in a few days.

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This too shall pass. Just keep in mind what a wonderful, bright, sensitive, caring person Micah is. Immaturity will go away, but the other qualities will last. He will work his way through this, too. I wish him the best, and I hope you can relax a little yourself, Ann. Your angels are looking out for your family. Mom

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. I can't eat or sleep. He didn't DO anything. All he did was tell a couple of kids about 7th grade and then it went like wildfire.

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you thought about homeschooling?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home