Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's was quiet in Oxford accompanied by Boggle, Scrabble, Balderdash, and my dad's BBQ chicken. Micah and Nathanael have been playing Boggle about non-stop for the last few days. Today I was up at Vir and Doris' with a few other people. She made us all lasagna and 3-fudge cake. I gave her a purple pot full of chocolate kisses and she gave me more soap and some perfume of frankincense and myrrh. It is an anointing perfume with a lily-like, citrus aroma. Wonderful. If anyone wants some GOOD handmade soaps and perfumes, (no animal fats in any of them either, for all you vegans out there, etc.) let me know. Business name: Balm of Gilead. Under aromatherapy, soaps, scents, bath salts, hand creams, etc. Lavender and lemon hand creams. Some beautiful stained glass soap. Also some masculine scents that are more woodsy (like cedar, for example), and some sorta hippie scents too like patchouli (love it).

It's the best stuff ever.

2 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Dad wants me to tell you that Crow Duck will be from July 1 - July 8 this year. Put it on the calendar, tell Steve, and ask for the time off work, please. We told Nathanael on the phone but want to be sure you all know the dates and can start planning. Love, Mom

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann - Looked at Dad's email to Tammy. Think it was his idea of a joke, but not a good one. The real matter is that I don't think he can take any female seriously when politics is the subject, even though he'd deny that. So he patronizes them. It shows. You can tell Tammy that I thought her joke was quite funny, even though I no longer consider myself a Republican, although I was for 40 years. In fact, I thought it was hilarious. Apologize to her for me--he didn't mean anything by it, but after all, he is a MCP. Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home