Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I have so very rarely met anyone who celebrates Kwanzaa. It seems like such a kewl celebration but you know I live in a city that's about half African-American...my neighborhood is about half African-American...I've worked in places that are about 90% African-American...about half the people I KNOW where I live are African-American. Now normally I don't really think about that too much. Most of them are, denominationally, Southern Baptist, and some small percentage are Muslims (some of the American branch, the Elijah Muhammad followers, I guess, someone tell me more about that). But most I know attend a Baptist or Non-demoninational or other type of church, or grew up with that, so they have had the Christmas celebration in their homes for years and years. But this kwanzaa thing never caught on. I have only met ONE PERSON whose family even tried doing the Kwanzaa thing, and he was from a VERY educated (a family who may have been able to research it well). It seems to have caught on with The Huxtables. But the people I know have seemed to have no interest in it. It sounds interesting to me. It really does. But maybe kids just aren't as interested in husk dolls as they are Game Boys. Hence, Christmas is the biggie. Too bad. We ought to be telling kids just WHY we give gifts on Christmas.

Since Hannukah and Christmas begin on the same day this year, I fully expect Ken and Steve to cook up some good matza balls. Oy ve, and ho ho ho! LOLOL It was a miracle from God, yes, GOD!!!!! the author of all miracles...to hold the oil out for so long...hence, Hannukah...

God will make a way where there is no way.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Remember God's MIRACLES at Hannukah!

Remember God's MIRACLES at Christmas!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT....then HUMBUG!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home