Sunday, December 11, 2005

I was fine when I left Louisville, though I had drunk too much soda. The caffeine prevented me from really sleeping there at the airport, even though there was a couch to lie down on. I put my coat out to protect me from cooties and then didn't really sleep. Caffeine. Too much diet pop, which I'm addicted to. I kicked myself for that, then when I went on the first plane to Dallas, I still couldn't sleep much. The poor guy next to me probably was sick of me trying to sleep by putting my head here, there, etc, even though there was one seat between us. By the time I hit Dallas, I was really tired but otherwise feeling all right. I got on the plane to Tucson, and lo and behold, the caffeine had not let up, and my right leg kept tingling. The guy next to me had to have been more than a little perturbed when I kept getting up to use the loo, but more than that, I just wanted to stretch my leg. And the plane attendant probably really DID mind when I asked to sit down in the back row where I'd have more room. Well I still didn't sleep much. By the time I got to Tucson I was really sleep but in good spirits. Ellen and Chuck drove me to their new home in Green Valley. We sat on the back porch and talked about the wildlife around here and then I decided I had better try to sleep.
When I woke up, that bronchitis I thought I was rid of was back in full force. Fever, cough, gunky stuff I won't describe, and more. So YIPPEEEE!!! I'm on vacation and I'm sick!
My fever kept spiking. I took Tylenols and that relieved it some, and then it would spike again. Finally in distress I asked God to relieve me. Instantly the fever left me. I actually felt the heat of my fever on the covers- it felt like an electric blanket.
I figured prayer would definitely work, and God removed the huge fever, though later I ran a slight fever, it was nothing like it was. I have shown Micah prayer, over and over again, and every single time it works, when he gets a headache from his allergies. I prayed over him the other day and about two minutes later he says "the headache's gone!" God is working on his little heart; sometimes he admits he knows it's God; sometimes I asked "who do you think is responsible for this? The medicine didn't work. But prayer did." Sometimes he responds, "Science." "What do you mean, science?" "Just...science." (By that I think he means there is a non-supernatural reason.) "Well, just who created science?"However, when he's really hurting, he will ask me to pray for him. It works and whenever natural OR supernatural, it is not my own works, it is God's, and my prayer is always made by imploring the perfect shed blood of Christ. It is unbelievable but believe! You don't have to take it from me. See for yourself.
See also: Woman at the well:
"Come, I will show you a man who knows everything I ever did." And later people said, "you don't have to convince us any more; we've seen Him for ourselves."
Well I still have the sore throat and cough and some aches and pains. I'm getting better. Whatever God did not relieve instantly, He left for me for a reason. I will know the reason sooner or maybe much, much later in Heaven when God explains to me some of the mysteries of life. This is by far not the harshest thing I've ever suffered. But it does suck to be in beautiful Tucson and in the gorgeous desert, which I so rarely see, and be sick! I had better be well by tomorrow night because Ellen has tickets for herself and me to see a Christmas choir. And the next day for an orchestra concert. Tucson pops, I think? I will let you know.
Well I keep sleeping a lot. I was actually able to catch the end of the Bengals/Browns game. I kept watching the score while alternating between the Steelers/Bears and Colts/Jags games. (Did anyone catch the latter? Amazing what anger can do! Hey I know you all aren't used to losing but ramming a guy's head into the ground over and over, do you think no one's gonna notice that? Huh?) Well Cleveland and Cincinnati have always had quite the raucous rivalry. Each city hates the other and neither knows why. Well the Bengals, who trounced the Steelers last weekend, and were 9 and 3, weren't going to let themselves get beaten by the little ole' Browns. The Browns, coming to play at Paul Brown Stadium. But it isn't their stadium. Paul Brown's babies playing. Anyway, the Browns led most of the way but I knew the Bengals would clinch it and they did. My sick self was only able to catch a bit of it but I knew the Bengals would soon be ten and three and they are. Who dey!



1 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you aren't being controlled by the illness! Don't forget to accept some TLC by Ellen and Chuck. Ellen is a good caregiver for aches and pains and stuff, and also I bet the desert sun will help. Bet your bronchitis came back because of cruddy air in the plane, plus being over tired. Hope you still have a good time in Arizona. My bet is that you will. Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home