Monday, September 19, 2005

Letter to FMS today:
Hello,I'm writing this because I am very confused about an event my son said happened at the lockers today 9/19.
Ray Zhang (with whom he has had problems before- Ray bullies Micah) pushed his head against a locker. Micah is pretty tough but he is prone to headaches. He said he went to the office to sit and wait for someone to help him and Mr. Merriweather told him, "Let me tell you a lesson about reality" and proceeded to give him Friday detention. Meanwhile, NOTHING was done to Ray.
We had issues with Ray back in Whitaker with Ray calling Micah "American trash" and also pushing him around, hitting, shoving, kicking, etc. Ray is somewhat bigger than Micah.
We always tell him if something like this happens, if you can, tell an adult. It seems like this is what he did. Am I not getting the whole picture? I find it difficult to believe this was the reaction of the VP.
My husband is furious now and there really has to be some consequence for Ray. I know how Micah can be sometimes but this is pretty serious. There is just no way this can continue. Can you tell me what is going to happen to Ray and why you sent Micah to Friday school for going to the office with a hurt head after this happened? You can imagine my frustration with this. I believe in strict discipline but things have to be fair.
I expect a response ASAP. My work number is 513-851-4900 extension 2098. My e-mail is ann.bonnell@hillmangroup.com.
I support the teachers and staff at FHS - they were great especially when the whole school watched my older son two years ago at the national spelling bee. I have had very few bad experiences at FHS and recommend this district to everyone, so I am really wondering what is going on. I am pretty furious myself.
Ann Bonnell

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get somewhere with your complaint. Micah should not have to feel threatened in school, and the administrators owe every child their support, especially when they are hurt. I am sorry about all this. Mom

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Ann said...

The next day Steve went in with Micah and confronted the VP with this- VP contended Micah hadn't told him exactly why he was sitting there...and nothing about Raymond...well Micah told everything, and then the VP retracted what he had said earlier. Ray was brought in and I still don't know what happened with that.
Later we went to Cici's pizza, right next door to Ray's parents' restaurant...well Steve confronted Ray right there in the middle of all the clients- and Ray's mother- who doesn't speak a lot of English- so naturally Ray translates (and I believe filters)- but Steve made exactly sure his mother understood. Well she was sufficiently embarrassed. I hope she ripped Ray a new one when she got home. She made Ray apologize, etc. etc. etc. but who knows what's going to happen next. I just want Micah to be safe. The school contended they had this big anti-bully policy, teachers required to do workshops, and more. They better put that policy in place and my son better be safe in and out of school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home