Sunday, September 18, 2005

Nathanael chided me for half an hour but Micah finally won out- we were at the Eaton Pork Festival- my kids, Steve and me, Mom, Sierra and Hayden- at the end of the stay Sierra and I see a cute orange kitty- "Le't go see her!" Sierra says. We go over to see the kitty, who was under a car. I easily cajoled the cat out who promptly rolled over for us to pet HIS belly. "It's a he"- I said. "He's a boy kitty".
Then Micah comes over and starts to plead, "Let's take him home, Mom. He doesn't have a home."
Hm- well I had considered getting a cat for Oreo to play with- I would have kept two of the kittens had I known her mother was going to disappear- well Nathanael fought and fought, mainly because I think he didn't want his brother to have his way, what with already getting the new bed and everything, but I gave in and we got the cat. After assurances that he was indeed a stray, we did take him home. Presently Oreo and "Reginald" are growling, doing the who's-in-charge thing, over here with me. At their own pace. Oreo's lived with other cats before. Let's see how this works. If they can't get along after a couple of days, Reg will go to a new home via the SPCA. He's a puuurty kitty- orange and white, lean and muscular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home