Monday, August 15, 2005

This job has kept me so swamped, so busy (not complaining- yet)---I literally have twice as much work as time to do it in, and I can't really stay past the time I'm supposed to- and even when I delegate some of the work (which I absolutely have to do with much of it, especially Home Depot orders which are easy but time-consuming) I have practically no time even to breathe. It is probably the busiest job I've ever had. I have to do so many different, unrelated things all the time, and constantly switch gears, put out fires, and prioritize and reprioritize every 30 seconds. Everyone is always having an emergency and everyone needs it fixed two weeks ago. :) The pace is not even a quick trot, more like a full speed gallop. But with a lot of turns and obstacles. Some things I can just plow through, but there are a lot of LITTLE but important things that I constantly have to stop and do NOW. And when mistakes are made, I have to find a way to fix them, whether or not I made them. (That's one good departure from other places I've worked at- when mistakes are made, people don't point as many fingers at people, they work instead to solve the SYSTEM and correct the problem from that standpoint with the person.) Some things I can't fix. I just can't. I have no way to.

I did find mistakes people were making in one thing (long description) but long story short, once a co-worker pointed out the errors I found, I became in charge of doing that procedure from now on...instead of the one who was doing most of it...

I hope and pray I do well in this. I just pray and pray for strength. God knows how to do this job and handle it. I have to give it to Him and trust that He will train my brain in how to think for this job.

3 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are finally in a job that is as hard as teaching. But if you can teach, you can do just about anything else, too, so keep plugging away at it. I'm so proud of you for working so hard! Mom

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Just made a big boo boo today though, so I guess now I'm not perfect anymore. I hope they keep me anyway. :)

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger vir said...

Hey - you are way too hard on yourself your new at this job and you are good at what you do! hang in there, glad to hear people at work are into solutions. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home