Sunday, July 31, 2005

Went walking with the kids at Warder today. Micah fished. He and Josh traded insults with Matt and Bryan (who are now, miraculously, friends). Never stops. We ate succulent wild blackberries, which one can gather in various locations without fear of bears. There are no bears here! Pond is scummy and in no way pristine, but all in all Ohio is just beautiful. Thickets grow over with queen anne's lace, tiger lilies, blackberries, and honeysuckle. Children who look like Tom Sawyer fish in ponds, and it's very Norman Rockwell and Johnny Appleseed. My kids are drawn to the outdoors, and that's in a man's soul, to be outdoors. Adam was created outside of the garden and led there, while Eve was created in the garden...the soul of a man craves the outdoors and exploring and wilderness...and I see it in both my boys as much as I see it in my husband...it's the way God created men. Women seem to like to be in the garden and tend it, and women enjoy socializing, and women communicate. Men seem to like that solitude much more. Of course that's categorizing, there are lots of people who like both and homebody men and explorer women, I'm an explorer myself, though when I travel I want to...of course...meet other people. When my dad, my brothers, my husband, my kids...travel...they want to GET AWAY from people....I never understood that...but it's because that's the way God created us!!! It's wonderful!

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger vir said...

ooo... nice and poetic today :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home