Friday, July 15, 2005

One of the cool things about this new job is that it's located about midway between my house and my brother Dave's house. I can visit my little niece and nephew when I want to and when I need to. My brother is going to need some help.

Dave, if you're reading this, when is the new date for Hayden's therapy workshop? Or did I miss it? Or do I just keep doing what I was doingn at Crowduck? Let me know.

Weather is rainy and humid and warm. Prospects for change unlikely in the immediate future. I'm quite fond of jungle weather so I'm okay with it. Kinda reminds me of Melgar. Oh, it's been too long. I see a trip to Colombia (my home for a year) sometime in my future. I'm afraid I might never come back if I go... well when I lived there I lived in rainy (but colder) Bogotá. It's been SO MANY YEARS that I doubt it looks like the same city I knew. I remember Unicentro, and riding the bus from Centro Fe (where we foreigners studied lit and history) to the Javeriana every day. I lived in Paulo VI.

Just met a person yesterday from Barranquilla (I love that city!!) which reminded me of all the cool places and people I remember. I loved Cartagena (went twice), the little islands, then the high cloudy cities like Tunja...the salt mines and the little underground church of Zipaquirá...but I REALLY loved Melgar. Sometime I would really love to take my kids there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home