Saturday, June 25, 2005

Hi from wild, wonderful West Virginia. Here for the annual Bonnell reunion. It's hot and summery and the beauty of this place is incomparable (I say that about every place, don't I...). It's lush, green, the people are wonderful and friendly and it's just so relaxing and comfortable here. My in-laws buy and rehab houses in this area (near Clarksburg- small town called West Union). Today we saw their latest project. 3-story with beautifully refurnished hardwood floors. Old house with a lovely, full dogwood in front that Jim's going to take down (against everyone's wishes) to build a garage. View of the high school which proudly boasts "Home of the friendliest and most courteous students in West Virginia". This area is economically depressed though with the lush natural beauty you could never think it. You buy a house for a song here, gentrify it, and then sell it for, well, a lot more but not what it would be worth even in Cincy. Even in Cincy these houses would be twice as expensive. Three times maybe. In San Francisco the house they got would have been, no kidding, 10 times more expensive. No matter what condition. Even within our own country the value of the real estate dollar varies wildly.
Pix when I can get them up. Kids took them this time. Micah and Nathanael have been playing with Jackie. It's nice here.
Guess what- Monday I have an interview at Hillman- so- I'm praying! They called me Friday and the person said, "We've narrowed down the resumes and yours is one we've narrowed it down to. " She asked me a few questions and said the perosn hiring would give me a call within the week. I said I'd be gone but would listen to my voicemail every day. Well a couple of hours later he called me, so I didn't have to wait. Scheduled me to interview Monday before I leave for Crowduck. So I will listen to my voicemail and hopefully the news will be good, but even if not, I'm glad for the "nibble" and to know that people are interested. I would love to get this job. I'm praying! If it's God's will!

3 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, we're hoping all goes well tomorrow. That's great that they're going to get to you before CrowDuck. Call with news, either way. Love, Mom

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Well I won't know if they offer me the job before I go to Crowduck, but maybe during Crowduck I will be able to find out.

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck. I'll cross my fingers for you. Knock them dead in the interveiw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home