Thursday, June 30, 2005

When we left Chicago yesterday it was climbing into the 90's. When we got out of the car in Duluth, it was about 60, chillier if you add wind chill. We had run into the front in the form of rolling fog dotted by lightning strikes coming off of Lake Superior. I pulled on my fleece jacket and joined my family at Applebee's. Micah had fun in the pool and we both enjoyed the jacuzzi at the hotel in Duluth. Next day it was in the mid-60's and we set off for Kenora, where we are now. Dan, Tracy, Dave, Erin, Sierra, and Hayden are here with me, Steve, Nathanael, and Micah. I'ts been rainy and floody here. It reminds me of the time about 15 years ago when Steve and I drove his jeep through U.P., from Sault Ste. Marie to Wisconsin in pouring rain, with a little Nathanael in the back of the jeep. We plowed through waves where there shouldn't be waves, and this year my Corolla is going through rain but it was nothing like that year. Yes, I'm driving all over 2 countries in a Corolla. Good gas mileage and you can't beat its reliability. This year it's a little nicer in that we have 3 drivers- Nathanael is taking his turns at driving, and improving each time.
Dad and Mom and Joe had to wait and pick up Irene in Duluth today at the airport, so we're still waiting for them to show up in Kenora. I'm at a Super 8 right now, and I'm on a card that was a silly CAN$5 for 4 hours anywhere in Ontario (and tomorrow we'll actually be in Manitoba). There are people waiting to get on here (the one lone computer here) so I'm going to get off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home