Monday, June 27, 2005

interview at Hillman went very well. Thanks for everyone's prayers and thoughts. Talked to 2 people, first in English, second in Spanish. Though I think I gave a good impression to both, I think I even impressed person #2 extra. Person #1 wanted person #2's assessment of my Spanish ability which person #2 said was excellent. We all 3 had past business links in common, which helps. Before I knew Person #2 (Juan) could speak much English, I asked how his English was. Then he started speaking English with just a slight Spanish accent. Turned out he grew up in Miami. Person #1 (Mike) had also lived in Miami and had taken a crash course in Spanish at Conversa a couple of years ago. Conversa does translations for Hillman- I should have recognized it from when I was managing projects at Conversa. I told them both my skills in the MS Suite were great, which is what they need- someone who is bilingual with good computer skills.

Now there are a couple more interviews to go. I think I have a good shot though there are many other well-qualified folks out there. So if I don't get it, I still know I have made a good impression. It was a good opportunity. I did the best I could have possibly done. Studied up on the subject matter, prayed, learned. I am hoping for a yes, of course. I think I really clicked, especially with Juan, but there are many others who would do well or better, so we will see. God has a plan. I have to be patient.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad everything went well. You do your best and the rest will follow. See you tomorrow!

Aunt E.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home