Sunday, August 28, 2005

I'm hanging at the library where the kids wanted to come today- Nathanael especially- he is checking out Walden Pond, the 1001 Arabian Nights, and The Invisible Man. No it isn't for school- it's stuff he's actually interested in.

I guess that Katrina being the hugest hurricane in record human history is going to leave New Orleans looking nothing like the place we know it as today. This is the kind of storm that changes river courses, lake shapes, and all other kinds of topography for good. I understand the dyke and drainage system is built to withstand only level 3's and below. Katrina is now a 5+. I think some are giving it a 5 1/2. This is amazing since on Friday I had heard it was a sizeable storm, enough to close lots of Miami for a couple of days (our warehouse in West Palm was open but our colleague was at home shuttering his house) and everyone was back to normal within a few hours of its departure. Well oncein the Gulf it moved so slowly and built up such a precise eye that it's going to pack the biggest punch in human history. And if by some miracle it misses New Orleans, which everyone is ordered to evacuate, it's going to hit Mobile or if it veers west, I guess Galvaston and S. Padre Island, and I guess other places I don't know about. So y'all in the bayou, WATCH OUT!!!!! This is bigger than Camille and if you work for Bubba Gump Shrimp, get your boat ready. Everyone else move outta the way.

2 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ANN my dear friend how the heck are you. I sure missed you and your words of wisdom. I hope you have had a blessed summer. How's that family of yours? Still cooking fry bread? watch the thighs girl....
Just thought I would drop you a line and say hi. The Hurricane looks scary.. on the news. I am back at home on college grounds at school again after a smmer of powwows, family, music and teaching the gospel of the big J.C
It was great I got to do alot of performing and dancing for well.....you know "white people" who have not a clue what a NDN is thinking we still still chase buffalo around on the prairie...(!) .... except you of couse Ann . since one of your great online pals is a true N8tive...with pride. Man you even cook Indian taco's! Your the only white girl I know who cooks fry bread...lol anyway take care and write soon
Love; The StripedWolf ( angel)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Angel, you're so awesome and I heart you and your family so much!

Someday I'm going to get out to Montana/Alberta to visit.

I have prayed for you and your husband and everything you guys are doing, that God bless you and give you energy and wisdom and guidance in your ministry.

Me I'm just there for the frybread.

LOL seriously, I try to watch what I eat. I just started a new job and everyone there eats like crazy. I really like pretzels with chocolate. Someone always has an abundance of both. So I'm there eating my Lean Cuisine and 2 hours later I'm munching pretzels WITH the little Hershey bars. Together. Defeats the purpose. Yum, sugar and salt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home