Saturday, March 05, 2005

Well so I'm mostly interpreting now. I know projects are slow but I'm off them anyway. Not too much in the pipeline but that changes in a day sometimes. Gerry tries to be diplomatic to me saying "your best skills are interpeting" (which may be true but I know I'm also good at PM- the last one had problems only because HE took the orders and did not relay info to me, such as due date and other details). Anyway I think most people can point to many instances in which they lost something because they took the blame for something NOT their fault. In my case there isn't a financial lost-interpreting pays much better than PM or editing- but now that I've got my old kind of schedule back, it's time to start looking, too, for other work.

I have a lot of possibilities to look at. Sometimes I hesitate to pursue one thinking "a better one will come up". Well I need to look to God to lead me in the right direction. Ideal would be for me to work 4 days a week or have some kind of schedule in which I'd have at least one day a week for interpreting. I just really enjoy working with the Guatemalan and Mexican community.

Next week I'm in doctor and dentist offices and one court date- the custody case I mentioned before.

Kids went on a long hike today. My 2 kids are about the only 2 in the whole district who ride their bikes to school every day. I just watched a show about Holland, where they ride their bikes everywhere. I know in Japan EVERYONE rides bikes everywhere- school, store, college, etc. etc. etc. No one steals bikes there. No one locks them up. Seriously it is the safest country! Anyway you go to a college and there are hundreds of bikes all parked everywhere. Wasn't there a movie about this guy who pretended to be Italian and rode his bike everywhere and finally outrode the Italian bike team...and then he met a French girl and from then on pretended to be French... LOL...sorry for my run-on blog...it's just my train of thought and you don't HAVE to read it...Well my kids are very fit even though they really don't care for many sports. They hike constantly, ride their bikes to school every day- at each school there's always ONE lone bike locked up in front- one is Micah's, one is Nathanael's. Oh, occasionally Brian bikes now because he wants to be like Micah. Brian's bike is the SAME model, same color, with the SAME accoutrements as Micah's- same basket. Same decals. I have a hard time telling the bikes apart. So often there are two identical bikes at my house.
Micah and Brian aren't friends at the moment because they argued the other day- usually those are resolved in 2-3 days if not sooner. Matt hasn't been around because he threatened Nathanael (okay my "d" key isn't working unless I practically sit on it so if I misspell, so be it).

Nathanael's been learning to drive- soon turns 16- and I have to get his SS card to get his temps- he's behind already but he doesn't seem to care- he has his bike. Anyway he's been out driving with Steve- and in a few minutes mastered the art of the stick shift which in many years of trying I have not been able to do. Not for lack of trying! Once on vacation Steve tried to get me to drive the Mustang and I tried, tried, tried, all I succeeded in doing was jerking the car around and making Steve yell at my incompetence.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Peruby said...

Hold the Alt key down and press 100 on your keypad. Then, release your Alt key.

That will give you a "d"

I have four girls camping out in my living room. All 13 and 14 year olds. I usually have a houseful on week-ends too.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Oh my, that many girls...yikes...that must be a nightmare knowing how terrible I was at that age! Boy did I give my parents fits! When I had slumber parties, it was the MESS that I refused to clean up afterwards that gave them convulsions.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Peruby said...

It wasn't too bad. I really like to listen to them karaoke to the PS2. They were spared by the fact that I couldn't find my recorder. But, I did get a small video of them dancing.

I live in New Philadelphia, Ohio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home