Friday, March 04, 2005

Well I really love doing the interpreting I'm doing. It's nice to be around these people;to tell a young couple they are expecting;to help a baby say her name for the first time while helping her mother deal with a new diagnosis of diabetes. It's even a change to see women get stuck in the butt (depo shots). :) Oh the best thing is always the babies...children...little Brenda saying "Ben- DAH! Ben- DAH!" and even though mother Josefa (the one who had the little stillborn I told about several months ago) has a pancrease that's pretty much given up, the bright moment of the day was to watch this cute little one (think "Boo" of Monsters, Inc. and you'll have a perfect picture of Brenda) learn to talk! And the smile on the mother and father's face even in the face of having to maintain a crazy illness like diabetes.

Today I watched several women get shot, played with some roly-poly babies while waiting with moms for nutrition counseling, pregnancy questions, etc. etc. etc....I really MUST watch it with overdoing it with the babies. Boy are they just cuddly!!! Even the babies that aren't of the Hispanic patients. They're all just so cute. Even today eating a salad at Big Boy there was a cute little baby girl next to me, and a six-year-old cute little girl...whose mother was babysitting the baby and the girl was "helping"- so cute. I love babies...those huge toothless grins, all gummy and innocent and drooly and surrounde by those fat little cheeks and rolls of neck...and they all smell so good, and they come in brown and tan and pink colors, babies...I love them!!! Someone help me. I might be annoying people so I HAVE to watch myself and don't get too carried away with the loads of babies coming into the clinics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home