Sunday, February 06, 2005

sexual discrimination

I'm experiencing sexual discrimination at work. From only one person, though. This person will snap at women, question and second guess a woman's work. This person is very attentive, though, and readily accepts any authority from a man. This person really believes men are more competent and better at business and thinking in general. This person will chastise women but would never, ever have anything but utmost respect for a man. What is UNUSUAL? THIS PERSON is a WOMAN!!!!!!!

What's more, I (and everyone) really like her but sometimes she DOES irritate me. The fact that other people will understand makes it bearable...but yes it can be intimidating.

She is a VERY strict Muslim. 100% shariya laws. And very intense, serious, and private. She does not go to any company parties because beer is served there. But yes, I realize that in Islam, to follow the law completely, women ARE subservient, obedient, and all that. But it gets to the point where it's like for her, men are just never wrong. No matter what decision Gerry or Rafael made it was always right by her even when it was WRONG! Even when she KNEW it was wrong!

(sigh)

She worries because she thinks if she makes a mistake it's just gonna be chaos and armageddon, I mean making mistakes is HUMAN. The fact that Gerry (and when Rafael was there, he, too) actually sees women and men equally competent (I don't think he's ever questioned it, actually I feel sometimes he gives women the edge, he usually is more confident in their thoroughness, etc.)... well anyway, the minute she starts something...I mean she will worry over the most minor, minor, minor, MINISCULE things, make them into HUGE problems...

Sorry, I'm just running on again.

Congrats Patriots.

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Peruby said...

I worked in an Automotive/hardware store in 1978. My employer told me that he has the best female automotive person ever. (Wasn't me, I worked in the office). He said that he noticed the men would treat this lady with the utmost respect, she knew her stuff. And the guys would request her for help. But, he said that women second guessed her and would look for a man to give them the answer. One of life's little mysteries, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home