Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Today everything is suicidal. Calamitous. Frustrating. For me, it has been a mildly irritating (money issues...bank problems...domestic problems...that I hope to resolve by yelling at my bank tomorrow). I'm irritated that I'm 40 and have to worry about petty crap like this. But some of my colleagues are stressed to the point of jumping off a cliff. Brian, for example. Had taped a whole interview for his pH.D. thesis. Took him forever to get this thing together and all these people. The first time not enough people showed. This time I and 3 other people were there. Well guess what. Computer screwed up and didn't tape it. He had a cassette tape there as auxiliary which he played as soon as the computer stopped recording. Well it turns out it didn't save it anywhere. Unless, unless it's in the temp file. SOMEWHERE. I looked in temp files and didn't see it. I looked at the dates by the temp files and they weren't even from 2005. But I'm looking in the wrong temp files. But we don't KNOW if it saved at ALL to a temp file. If it did not, it is devastating to Brian. He's utterly suicidal. As in, nothing whatsoever to salvage of this train wreck. Common sense would have been to run the cassette too the whole time in case of this kind of event. (sigh) Then I'm frustrated at work because one of the translators I took on to do some documents utterly sucked. She was SO FRICKIN BAD I do NOT know why her name is on our rolodex. Azza had SAID she was bad but I kinda thought she didn't like her personally, and we were in a pinch. SHE SO SUCKED and now it's causing us extra work. Plus I was a day late with one thing because Gerry (couldn't have been anyone else) stuck a Eudora file in the friggin TRASH. And of course will probably think it's my fault even though I reiterated time and again that I NEVER put Eudora stuff in the trash. EVER. I don't even know how to do that. I transfer files from one place to the other. That's it. Well I was waiting for a file that was unknowingly in the trash. I was interpreting all day yesterday (the due date) and by today still hadn't received it so called the translator in a panic and Gerry finally fished it out of the trash. (SIGH) But I should have taken care of that YESTERDAY when I did come in for a few hours (realized I didn't have it, etc.). So NOW I have a story board up with a DUE DATE for every single project we do. Anyway, we got that project out with some mad editing by Azza. Azza edits away and is compoundedly frustrated by this Amal's sucky work. Of course there are other frustrating details. SUCK SUCK SUCK and then my STUPID BANK changes its policy and, oh, that's a frustratingly LONG story and I HOPE TO FIX that problem tomorrow. MAN, I JUST NEED about $500 to just, just KEEP as backup, but financially though we strive and strive it seems Steve and I are ALWAYS still working without a net and seem to be financially in a crappier situation than ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home